Follow PublicUniverse on Twitter

Another Action Cam Comparison 1080 GoPro Hero vs 1080 No Name Clone

Why stop with one Chinese GoPro knock-off, when you can have 2 at a forth the price. My last review was a head to head comparison of a 720p Action Cam I bought on Ebay for $32, and the new GoPro Hero. The 720 is a nice cam, and I'm happy with the cost/results, but the narrow field of view was a turn off. As a car dash cam, I think it's a nice option. Now, Ebay also sells 1080p cams for around $50, so I think that this resolution comparison would be more apples to apples. This new cam has lots of extra features that the $129 GoPro Hero lacks. Multiple time-lapse options, and wifi are the two I liked the best. Since I don't own other GoPro cameras (3, 3+, White, Black, 4, Etc) I'm not sure what this clone is made to compete with. But, based on price, you can buy 2 of these cams, with tons of accessories, and still have $20 in your pocket when thinking about the Hero.
$129+tax  Hero vs $54 free shipping Ebay SJ400 clone
Let there be no doubt, I love my Hero. It's simple, to the point, and gives amazing results. I am only looking at low cost options, that give a high level of price/result ratio. You may be curious, broke, on a tight budget, or be considering buying a $400 GoPro, but don't know if it's worth the cost. I think that dropping $50 on a nice quality cam that you never use, is better than doing the same for a $400 one.

WiFi

The clone has wifi that connects to your phone, or tablet (Android specific?) via an app called iSmart DV

Having the wifi, and the LCD screen is a real plus when centering and leveling the camera. I have found it useful when I mounting the cam on my bike, outside, or in a spot with a tight fit. This a nice, but not a necessary option. The wide field of view on these cameras, makes it a point at anything and it will be in the shot camera.

Time-Lapse



Clone Time-Lapse The poor quality is due to YouTube compression . The actual video is HD

The time-lapse feature on both cams is really fun to play around with. The clone gives you several options beginning with 2 seconds and going to 60. 5 second interval is great for fast clouds, 10 for slow, and the rest is to experiment with. 60 would probably do well with flowers blooming. The GoPro Hero does it only at .5 seconds, which is ideal for fast moving objects.

The Hero excels at time-lapse. The SJ4000 clone can't do the .5 sec
GoPro Hero (the quality is reduced by YouTube processing)

I will post a side by side video as soon I get time to play. For now I'll keep them both with me

SIDE BY SIDE INDOORS (No Processing)





2 comments:

  1. op with one Chinese GoPro knock-off, when you can have 2 at a forth the price. My last review was a head to head comparison of a 720p Action Cam I ... iactioncam.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iedereen zal verliefd worden op het uiterlijk van fijn lichtgewicht hd actie cam kruidvat en het is heel gemakkelijk om overal mee naartoe te nemen voor het vastleggen van de kostbare momenten. De prijs is ook niet zo hoog.

    ReplyDelete