Follow PublicUniverse on Twitter

A spoken word poem about the Sun


     I really like to allow for student creativity when I consider my projects. Below are a few of the submissions. I ask students to create a song, slam, or spoken word poem about the Sun, and perform it live. This has been one of the more popular projects in the class. Martin was the first up, and here is his project. He did a great job! I'll have him repeat his performance and I'll post a better quality copy in a few weeks, but I wanted to share this with everyone today.

Slam Poem about our nearest star
     CC and Lil were too shy to go on camera, but Paige was happy to perform the reading. It's a great example of a slam poem, at least by my standards, and like all things, there may be a few errors along the way, but we learn from them

No comments:

Post a Comment